Long time, no see. It’s been a while since I uploaded my last blog post but I felt like I needed some time off. I also took some time off from Instagram a little bit ago and it was good. I was able to sort my thoughts and kind of recharge, if that makes sense?
Anyways, I am pumped to get back into the blogging game and thought it would be perfect to get back with a 12 Things post (one of my favorites:)).
1. I went back to my apartment for the new semester and it was literally the best decision I could have made. I love living on my own, care for myself and have my own routines. So weird but I also like the ‘boring’ stuff like cleaning and grocery shopping haha.
2. I finished watching ‘The Bold Type’ and ‘Virgin River’ just recently. Loooved ‘The Bold Type’ so much. All characters felt so real and I liked the mix between funny and serious. Highly recommend.
In my opinion ‘Virgin River’ doesn’t have the greatest plot, honestly, it’s kind of boring but I felt all the cozy vibes while watching. So relaxing and great to just have it on in the background 🙂
3. I’ve been loving working out lately. I mean, I’ve been obsessed with running for over a year now but I also rediscovered my love for weighted workouts. Lately I’ve espcially been working on my arms and being able to do push-ups haha. I love Sidney Cummings on YouTube. She uploads new workouts every single day and is very motivating. Definitely check her out, if you’re interested 🙂
4. While talking about working out, I feel like I’ve been running more and longer than ever! The weather has been very mild for December and it’s become my favorite way to destress between seminars, internships and just overthinking haha. Oh, and by the way, my Running Q&A video finally went live on IGTV, in case you are interested 🙂
5. We got the first snow of the year on December 1st!!! So so special. Has it snowed where you live?
6. I turned 22 last week and it was such an easy, relaxed day. I’ve never been a person who needs a lot of people around them to be happy and because of Covid there wasn’t another option, obviously. But it was honestly perfect to only celebrate with my family and social distance celebrating with my two closest friends. Don’t need anything more 🙂
7. I’ve been more than obsessed with Shawn Menedes‘ and Taylor Swifts new albums. Both of them are so special and just perfect. Have been listening to nothing else haha.
8. Because of Covid and the second lockdown, all schools closed the week before Christmas. On Thursdays I am usually at a school teaching English which is honestly my highlight of the week. The little reminder I need why I do what I do 🙂 Anyways, because of the lockdown we had a Zoom meeting this Thursday and it was the purest, sweetest and most wholesome thing I’ve ever experienced. Imagine a Zoom meeting full of first graders, singing and doing yoga together. Exactly, there isn’t anything cuter. Made my week.
9. Recently I finished ‘Home Body’ by Rupi Kaur and ‘The Strength In Our Scars’ by Bianca Spracino. Both are poetry books and I really loved them. Are you into poetry?
10. I am back at home over Christmas and am very excited to slow down a little bit, take a break and be with my family 🙂
11. I discovered Benedict Wells this year and started loving his books. I love his writing style and stories so much. Just a couple of days ago I picked up ‘Die Wahrheit über das Lügen’ and though it’s different from the books I’ve read by him before (it’s short stories), I like it and can’t wait to finish it soon 🙂
12. I’ve been making sure the get some fresh air at least once a day and walk (or run) as much as possible. So calming and highly recommend 🙂
And that’s a wrap. Hope you enjoyed this little random life update.
Talk to you soon, Franziska ♡